I am a social and political psychologist, and a lecturer in the School of Social Sciences. I have a PhD in Psychology on relationships between social identity and political collective action from the Australian National University. Prior to my current appointment at Monash I worked as a Research Fellow at the University of Sydney. Broadly, my research examines how our social identities influence the way we act collectively. I am also interested in understanding prejudice and discrimination, and the use of new technologies (as in cyber-racism, but also in mobilising collective action).
My work has received media coverage that includes:
- The Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/02/02/new-research-suggests-climate-skeptics-and-believers-really-really-dont-like-each-other/
- Reuters: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-climatechange-science-politics-idUSKBN0L92IN20150205
- ABC Science : http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2015/02/03/4172509.htm
- Toronto Star: http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/02/02/different-tack-needed-for-climate-change-skeptics-study-says.html
- Science Daily: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150202114549.htm
- Salon: http://www.salon.com/2015/02/05/science_doesnt_mean_that_much_when_it_comes_to_arguing_with_climate_deniers/