At 16 I stuck a Che Guevara poster on my wall, little knowing that my naive flirtation with radical politics would turn into a genuine passion for all things Cuban (especially contemporary literature). My other great love has always been having fun teaching Spanish language, which I have been doing now for over twenty years.
- Carlos Uxo was interviewed by a number of radio stations, newspapers and TV channels on the Catalan referendum. Here you have links to some of the interviews: ABC Digital – “Catalonia: What happens if it declares independence from Spain?” (Michael Connelly) 5 October 2017 Triple J – Hack – 2 October 2017 Skynews – 2 October 2017 Radio National – ... Read more
- Carlos Uxo was interviewed on the possibility of Catalonia becoming independent (2SER Radio, Sydney). Go to webpage with audio (7 minutes) Read more
- Carlos Uxo was interviewed by Waleed Aly, ABC Radio, Radio National, Drive. Go to webpage or listen audio (9 minutes) Read more
- Aprovechando la visita de Bernardo Atxaga a Melborne, Dr Lilit Thwaites (La Trobe University) y Dr Carlos Uxo (Monash Univeristy) entrevistaron al escritor vasco. Aquí puedes escuchar la entrevista completa (43 minutos) Read more
- Representaciones del personaje del negro en la narrativa cubana. Una perspectiva desde los Estudios SubalternosVerbum: Madrid, 2010. ISBN: 978-84-7962-487-3. 306 pp. Acceder a introducción (pdf) y reseñas. Comprar. Read more