Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Hope, C., Ryan, J., (2014), Digital Arts: An Introduction to New Media. Berg New Media Series, 288, New York, USA.
- Hope, C. (2014). The End of Abe Sada. Perth, WA: PICA Press.
- Hope, C. (Ed.). (2013). Drawn from Sound. Perth: Tura New Music.
- Hope, C. (Ed.). (2011). Decibel: Audible designs. Perth, WA: PICA Press.
- Hope, C., Trainer, A., Green, L. (2017). “Documenting Music Performance in the Digital Archive: What do we have here?” In Sant, T. Documenting Performance. London: Bloomsbury. Pp215-227
- Hope, C. (2017). “The Decibel new music ensemble; Artistic Research in Experimental Music at the Academy”. In Burke, R and Onsman, A. Perspectives on Artistic Research in Music. Maryland: Lexington Books pp 143-156
- Hope, C., Mackinney, L., Green, L., Travers, M., Mahoney, T., (2015), The Western Australian New Music Archive: Performing as remembering. Research, Records and Responsibility: ten years of PARADISEC, 209-225, Sydney, Australia.
Hope, C. (2009). “Cultural terrorism and anti music: Noise music and its impact on experimental music in Australia”. In G. Priest (Ed.), Experimental music: Audio explorations in contemporary Australia (pp. 56-74). Sydney, NSW: UNSW Press.
- Terren, M., Hope, C., (2015), Map-Making Towards an Onto-Cartography of the Digital Audio Workstation. Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Australasian Computer Music Association, 112-118.
- Hope, C., Wyatt, A., Vickery, L., (2015), The Decibel ScorePlayer: New Developments and Improved Functionality. Proceedings of the 41st International Computer Music Conference ICMC 2015 , 314-317, San Francisco, United States of America.
- Hope, C., Vickery, L., (2015), The Decibel Scoreplayer – a Digital Tool for Reading Graphic Notation. TENOR 2015: International Conference on Technologies for Music Notation and Representation, 59-69, Paris.
- Green, L., Hope, C., Stevenson, K., Mahoney, T., (2015), Archiving the new, now, for future users yet unknown. ANZCA Conference Proceedings 2015, 11p..
- Travers, M., Hope, C., (2015), Who wants a trautonium must build one. Proceedings of the 2015 Conference of the Australasian Computer Music Association, 64-68.
- Green, L., Mahoney, T., Hope, C., Mackinney, L., (2014), Publishing an archive: A meta-narrative of (be)longing. Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Communication Association Annual Conference, 2014, 1-15.
- Travers, M., Hope, C., (2014), W(h)ither Trautonium?. Digital Humanities Australasia 2014 conference full proceedings, 3p.
- Francis, M., Hope, C., (2013), Site in sound: A review of four musical works that integrate site into sound. SoundScripts: Proceedings of the 2011 Totally Huge New Music Festival Conference, 4(16-18 September, 2011), 22-28.
- Hope, C., Vickery, L., Wyatt, A., James, S., (2013), Mobilising John Cage: The Design and Creation of Score Generators for the Complete John Cage Variations I?VIII. Malaysian Music Journal, 2(21 – 23 August 2013), 34-45, Tanjong Malim, Perak.
- Travers, M., Hope, C., (2013), Electronic Music is Here to Stay – Or is it?. Proceedings of the 19th International Symposium on Electronic Art, ISEA2013, Sydney, 4 p., Sydney, NSW.
- Hope, C., Green, L., Mahoney, T., (2013), The Western Australian New Music Archive: finding, accessing, remembering and performing a community of practice. Refereed Proceedings of the 2013 Australian and New Zealand Communication Association conference: Global Networks-Global Divides: Bridging New and Traditional Communication Challenges, 18p, Perth, WA.
- Hope, C., Green, L., Mackinney, L., Mahoney, T., (2013), Harnessing the Arc Hive. Proceedings of the Emerging Issues in Communication Research and Policy Conference, 2013, 23-31, Canberra, ACT.
- James, S., Hope, C., (2013), 2D AND 3D Timbral Spatialisation: Spatial Motion, Immersiveness, and Notions of Space. Proceedings of the 2013 ICMC Conference Presented by Tura New Music, The International Computer Music Association, Australasian Computer Music Association and the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts at Edith Cowan University, 77-84, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Wyatt, A., Hope, C., (2013), Animated Music Notation on the iPad (Or: Music stands just weren’t designed to support laptops). Proceedings of the 2013 ICMC Conference Presented by Tura New Music, The International Computer Music Association, Australasian Computer Music Association and the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts at Edith Cowan University, 201-207, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Vickery, L., Hope, C., James, S., (2012), Digital adaptions of the scores for Cage Variations I, II and III. Proceedings of the International Computer Music Conference 2012: Non-Cochlear Sound, 426-432, California, USA.
- Hope, C., James, S., Vickery, L., (2012), New digital interactions with John Cage?s Variations IV, V and VI. Australasian Computer Music Conference: ‘Interactive’ Conference Proceedings, 23-30, Victoria, Australia.