I am currently pursuing a range of research projects in relation to the interreligious and intellectual history of medieval Europe:
- scholastic thought and culture in twelfth-century Europe, with particular reference to contemporaries of Abelard and Heloise
- music theory, science and philosophy in thirteenth-century Paris (collaborative project on Johannes de Grocheio and Gui of St-Denis)
- medieval virtue ethics and the creation of the feminine subject (collaborative project relating to writings addressed to women between 13th and 15th centuries)
- the translation of the relics of Thomas Aquinas from Italy to France in the fourteenth century and its liturgical commemoration in the Dominican order (collaborative project)
- common ground between Christian and Islamic theories of financial ethics
Areas of Research & Supervision
I have a wide range of research interests and potential areas of supervision: history of ideas (ancient, medieval to early modern); religious thought and practice (medieval Europe in particular, but also of modern world); medieval studies more generally relating to France and England; gender, religion and society.