Editor: International Journal of Language and Culture (John Benjamins Publishing)
Editor (With Professor Ning Yu): Cognitive Linguistic Studies in Cultural Contexts (John Benjamins Publishing)
Professor Farzad Sharifian is a linguist with a multidisciplinary background in cognitive science, anthropology and education. He has received multiple awards for his research, teaching, and postgraduate supervision, including Edith Cowan University’s Research Medal and Award for Excellence in Early Career Research of the Year, Faculty of Arts, Monash University (2008). He was a Post-Doctoral Fellow of the Australian Research Council at the University of Western Australia before joining Monash University in 2005. He has widely published in many international journals and edited books.
- Professor Farzad Sharifian, Director of the University’s Language and Society Centre, has been awarded a prestigious Humboldt Fellowship for Experienced Researchers by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany. The Fellowship will allow Professor Sharifian to collaborate with distinguished German linguist, Professor Hans-Georg Wolf, at Potsdam University in the study of intercultural and international communication. Professor Sharifian’s project, ... Read more
- Monash University’s English as an International Language program examines how English has changed according to the cultures in the countries in which it is used. Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/education/english-in-many-voices-20130215-2ehnx.html#ixzz2LUtHLjOJ Read more
- English as an International Language: An Overview of the Paradigm Presenter: Professor Farzad SharifianDirector: Language and Society CentreConvenor: English as an International Language Commentary: Professor Andy KirkpatrickHead: School of Languages and Linguistics, Griffith University In this lecture, Professor Sharifian presents an overview of the paradigm of English as an International Language (EIL). Starting with a brief historical account ... Read more
- Professor’s Gift Overcomes Communication BarriersArriving in Australia in 1998 from Iran, Monash Professor Farzad Sharifian knows firsthand the trials and tribulations of international students, and the life-changing impact that a PhD scholarship can make. A member of the Monash family for 6 years, Professor Sharifian is the Director of The Language and Society Centre, Faculty of Arts at Monash. He ... Read more
- Awards, Honors, and Fellowships2012 Humboldt Fellowship for Experienced Researchers, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany. 2013-2015 Board of Directors, International Association for World Englishes (IAWE) 2008 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Early Career Research of the Year, Faculty of Arts, Monash University 2007 Award for Excellence in Early Career Research, Faculty of Arts, Monash University (Special Commendation) 2003 Australian Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Australian Research Council. 2003 The ... Read more