PhD (Monash University), MA (University College Cork), BA (University College Cork)
I worked for many years as a professional actor before beginning an academic career, appearing with major companies such as Sydney Theatre Company, Belvoir St Theatre, Q Theatre and Redstitch, as well as working extensively in television, creating ongoing roles in several ABC series. As a writer / performer, I have created two one-person shows which have toured Australia, Europe and America, and as a playwright I have had several works produced and held positions as Writer in Residence with the Q Theatre (1989), and Affiliate Writer with Melbourne Theatre Company (2008).
- Boy out of the Country a new Australian play by Felix Nobis will premiere at inner-city Melbourne venue fortyfivedownstairs on November 21st for a 3 week run. Find out more about the play on boyoutofthecountry.com. Written in verse vernacular the play explores the rhythms of the country while telling a story “any modern Australian would ... Read more
- Watch a short film about the Storytelling Project here International students engage in a 6 week workshop and share stories of their past and present. This is the first part of a three stage storytelling project created by CTP staff member, performer and researcher Felix Nobis. On Thursday 9th May, join us for an evening of shared ... Read more
- The Faculty of Arts have produced a series of 15 informative videos featuring our incoming Transition Coordinator Dr Felix Nobis addressing some of the questions you may have when you first start university. Watch transition videos on the Arts Education Transition Videos page Read more
- Felix Nobis joins renowned author Professor Roland Perry and composer Professor Mary Finsterer in a live event celebrating the remarkable life and achievements of the man after whom Monash University was named. Sir John Monash GCMG, KCB, VD was a great Australian. In terms of importance to Australian history, he is head and shoulders above the ... Read more
- Boy Out of the Country a play in verse by Felix Nobis was awarded the R. E. Ross Trust Script Development Award in 2010. This week saw two rehearsed readings of this play at popular inner city venue forty-five downstairs and at the Drama Theatre of Monash University. Written in verse, the play explores ways in ... Read more
- Dr. Felix Nobis of the Centre for Theatre and Performance and Dr Chris Thompson of the Faculty of Science (Chemistry), working in association with Warwick University, coordinated and The Chemistry Project, a four week elective workshop for First Year chemistry students, exploring aspects of chemistry through performance. Key student learning outcomes included the ability to: Identify key ... Read more