- Gabriel, F. (2013) Deconstructing Youth: Youth Discourses at the Limits of Sense. Basingstoke and New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Gabriel, F. (2009) “Presumed Innocent: The Paradox of ‘Coming of Age’ and the Problem of Youth Sexuality in Lolita and Thirteen.” PLATFORM: Journal of Media and Communication Vol. 1: 47-65.
- Gabriel, F. (2013, October) “Sexting, self-harm and social networking: Young people, social media and the performance of self-development”, Cultural Studies Symposium: Critical and Creative Reconfigurings, University of Ballarat.
- Gabriel, F. (2012, December) “Challenging the body of youth: A deconstructive response to the ‘problem’ of sexualisation in youth culture”, Cultural Studies Association of Australasia Annual Conference: Materialities: Economies, Empricism and Things, University of Sydney.
- Gabriel, F. (2006, July) “The Paradox of ‘Coming of Age’: Deconstructing Youth Identity in Lolita and Thirteen.” Refereed paper presented at the Australian & New Zealand Communication Association International Conference: Empowerment, Creativity and Innovation: Challenging Media and Communication in the 21st Century, University of Adelaide.