2013‘Diversity of religions and freedom of religion and belief’ Pp 55-61 in J Arthur and T Lovat (Eds), The Routledge International Handbook of Education, Religion and Values. London: Routledge.
- 2013 ‘Re-Scripting Religion at UNESCO and in Australia: Religions and Social Policy in two Contexts’ Pp 139 -163 in Jane Garnett and Alana Harris (Eds) Rescripting Religion in the City: Migration and Religious Identity in the Modern Metropolis. London: Ashgate.
- 2012‘Beyond Reasonable Accommodation: The Case of Australia.’ Pp 139-164 in L. Beaman (Ed), Reasonable Accommodation: Managing Religious Diversity. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press.
- 2012 ‘Religion And Social Distance – Australia’ Pp 47-60 X in H Aarons and J Pietsch (eds) Australia: Identity, Fear and Governance in the 21st Century. Canberra: ANU e-press.
- 2011 ‘Assimilation’ in M Juergensmeyer and WC Roof (eds), Encyclopedia of Global Religion, Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications.
- 2010 ‘Religions in Australia in the Twenty-First Century’ pp 853-569 in J. Hinnells (ed.) The Penguin Handbook of the World’s Living Religions, London: Penguin.
- 2010 ‘Globalisation, Interreligious Conflict and Social Cohesion’, pp. 155-173 in D. Wright-Neville and A. Halafoff (eds), Terrorism and Social Exclusion: Misplaced Risk – Common Security, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing. (With R Ling)
- 2010 ‘The Impact of Religious Diversity and Revitalization on Inter-religious Education for Citizenship and Human Rights’ pp 1053-1069 in K. Engebretson, M. de Souza, G. Durka and L. Gearon (eds), International Handbookd of Inter-religious Education. Volume 4. New York: Springer. (With R Ling and A Halafoff)
- 2010 ‘Civic Integration for Religious Community Leaders: A Multifaith Approach’ pp 155-173 in D. Wright-Neville and A. Halafoff (eds), Terrorism and Social Exclusion: Misplaced Risk – Common Security, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing. (With A Halafoff and P Lentini)
- 2008 ‘The Challenge of Religious Revitalisation and Religious Diversity to Social Cohesion in Secular Societies’ pp 13-16 in B Turner (ed) Religious Plurality and Civil Society. Singapore: Singapore University Press.
- 2007 ‘Cultural Diversity, Religious Plurality and Government Policy in Australia’ Pp 173-91in John Hinnels (ed),Religious Reconstruction in the South Asian Diasporas. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- 2007 ‘The Settlement of Zen in Australia’ Pp 30-44 in R Pereira and H Matsuoka (Eds) Japanese Religions in and Beyond the Japanese Diaspora. Berkeley CA: Institute of East Asian Studies, University of California, Berkeley.
- 2007 ‘Globalization, Social Capital and the Challenge to Harmony of Recent Changes in Australia’s Religious and Spiritual Demography: 1947-2001’ Pp 375-91 in A Hassem and A Sarwal (eds) Australian Studies Now. New Delhi: Indialog Publications.
- 2007 ‘Religion and law in Social Life’ Pp 75-79 in Swee Hin Toh (Ed) Living under Religious and Civil Law.Brisbane: Griffiths University Interfaith Centre.
- 2007 ‘Religious Resurgence and Diversity and Social Cohesion in Australia’. Pp 80-89 in James Jupp and John Nieuwenhuysen (eds) Social Cohesion in Australia. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press . (With Rod Ling).
- 2007 ‘Religious Resurgence, Conflict and the Transformation of Boundaries’ in Beyer and Beaman (eds)Religion, Globalization and Culture. Amsterdam: Brill.
- 2006 ‘Australia’s Changing Religious Landscape: 1947-2001’ pp34-42 in Helen Richmond and Myong Duk Yang (Eds) Crossing Boarders: Shaping Faith, Ministry and Identity in Multicultural Australia. UCA Assembly & NSW Board of Mission.
- 2006 ‘The religious contribution of Dutch migrants to multicultural Australia’. in Nonja Peters (ed) The Dutch Downunder – 1606-2006. Perth: University of Western Australia Press.
- 2005 ‘Religion’ chapter 42 (Vol 1 pp 351-354) in Ulrich Ammon, Norbert Dittmar, Klaus Mattheier and Peter Trudgill (Eds) Sociolinguistics: An International Handbook for the Science of Language and Society. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter.
- 2004 ‘The Emerging Role of Religion in Public Policy In the Asia Pacific’ pp 67-79 in M Vicziany, D Wright-Neville and P. Lentini (Eds) Regional Security in the Asia Pacific: 9/11 and After. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar.
- 2003 ‘Transnational Factors Affecting the Study of Religion’ in Moberg (Ed) Review of Social Scientific Studies of Religion, 14:211-228.
- 2003 ‘Social Justice Issues in the Management of Religious Diversity in Australia’ chapter 23 n JT Richardson (Ed) Regulating Religion: Case Studies from Around the Globe. New York: Kluwer Academic.
- 2003 ‘Religion and Spirituality’, Pp 626-637 in I McAllister, S Dowrick and R Hassan (Eds) The Cambridge Hadbook of Social Sciences in Australia. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- 2002 ‘Religion and Spiritualtiy’, Pp 426-442 in R. Jureidini and M Poole (Eds) Sociology: Australian Connections, Third Edition. Sydney: Allen and Unwin.
- 2001 ‘Muslims Managing Religious Diversity’ Pp 53-72 in Abdullah Saeed and Shahram Akbardazeh (eds) Muslim Communities in Australia: University of New South Walses Press. (with Joan Daw and Riffat Munawar).
- 2001 ‘Globalisation and Localisation: Pentecostals and Anglicans in Australia and the United States’ Pp 83-92 in C Cusack and P Oldmeadow (Eds) The End of Religions? Religion in an Age of Globalisation, University of Sydney Press.
- 2000 ‘A Socio-demographic History of the Rise of Religious Diversity in Australia: 1947-1998’ Pp 78-88 in Hu Zhuanglin (Ed) A Bright Prospect of Sino-Australian Cooperation (Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Australian Studies) Beijing: (Chinese) Australian Studies Association.
- 2000 ‘Religion and Spirituality’ Pp 386-402 in R Jureidini and M Poole (Eds) Sociology: Australian Connections, Second Edition. Sydney: Allen and Unwin.
- 2000 `Japanese Religion in Australia: Mahikari and Zen in a Multicultural Society’ Pp 74 – 112 in Peter Clarke (Ed), Japanese New Religions in the World. London: Curzon Press (with W Smith and S Vasi).
- 1999 `Mapping Religious Contours’ Pp. 5-11 in P H Ballis and G D Bouma (eds) Religion in an Age of Change Kew: Christian Research Association.
- 1999 `Sociology and Theology in the Re-imagination of God’ Pp 12-22 in P H Ballis and G D Bouma (eds) Religion in an Age of Change Kew: Christian Research Association.
- 1998 `New Religions in Australia: Cultural Diffusion in Action’ pp 203-212 in Madeleine Cousineau (ed.) Religion in a Changing World: Comparative Studies in Sociology London: Praeger.
Monographs and Research Reports:
2013 The Church and Socio-Cultural Change. Melbo0urne: Diocese of Melbourne. 62pp. 2010 Religion And Diversity In … Continue reading Monographs and Research Reports:
Articles – Peer Reviewed:
2013‘Australian Anglicans and religious plurality: Exclusivist theologies vs theological affirmations of diversity’, Journal for … Continue reading Articles – Peer Reviewed:
2011 Being Faithful in Diversity: Religions and Social policy in Multifaith Soceties. Adelaide: ATF Press. 2009 … Continue reading Books