- 2011 Being Faithful in Diversity: Religions and Social policy in Multifaith Soceties. Adelaide: ATF Press.
- 2009 Turkish translation of Democracy in Islam
- 2009 The Research Process, Canadian Edition. Don Mills ONT: Oxford University Press.
- 2009 Religion And Diversity In A Globalizing Australia Beyond Ground Zero.Canberra: DIAC. With Desmond Cahill, , Hass Dellal, and Michael Leahey (in Press).
- 2009 Religious Diversity in Southeast Asia and the Pacific Islands: National Case Studies. Dordrecht: Springer. With Rod Ling and Doug Pratt.
- 2007 Democracy in Islam. London: Routledge. With Sayed Khatab
- 2006 Australian Soul: Religion and Spirituality in the 21st Century. Melbourne: Cambridge University Press.
- 2004 Religion, Cultural Diversity and Safeguarding Australia.. Canberra: DIMIA. With Desmond Cahill, Hass Dellal, and Michael Leahey
- 2004 The Research Process, 5th revised edition Melbourne: Oxford University Press. with Rod Ling.
- 2000 The Research Process, 4th revised edition Melbourne: Oxford University Press. vi+242Pp.
- 1999 Managing Religious Diversity: From Threat to Promise. Erskineville,NSW: Australian Association for the Study of Religions. Editor. 154 Pp.
- 1999 Religion in an Age of Change. Kew: Christian Research Association. co-editor with Harry Ballis. 175 Pp.
- 1997 Many Religions All Australian: Religious Settlement, Identity and Cultural Diversity. Melbourne: Christian Research Association. Editor. xvi+220 Pp.
- 1996 The Research Process, 3rd revised edition. Melbourne: Oxford University Press. i-viii+238 Pp.
- 1996 Believe It or Not: Australian Spirituality and the Churches in the 90s. Melbourne: Christian Research Association. i-viii + 117pp. with Philip Hughes, Craig Thompson and Rohan Pryor.
- 1995 A Handbook of Social Science Research, 2nd revised edition, Oxford: Oxford University Press. xvi + 247pp. with B. Atkinson.
- 1994 Mosques and Muslim Settlement in Australia. Canberra: Bureau of Immigration, Population and Multicultural Studies xii + 112 Pp.
Monographs and Research Reports:
2013 The Church and Socio-Cultural Change. Melbo0urne: Diocese of Melbourne. 62pp. 2010 Religion And Diversity In … Continue reading Monographs and Research Reports:
Articles – Peer Reviewed:
2013‘Australian Anglicans and religious plurality: Exclusivist theologies vs theological affirmations of diversity’, Journal for … Continue reading Articles – Peer Reviewed:
2013‘Diversity of religions and freedom of religion and belief’ Pp 55-61 in J Arthur and … Continue reading Book Chapters