Jacqui True is Professor of Politics & International Relations and an Australian Research Council Future Fellow at Monash University, Australia. She received her PhD from York University, Toronto, Canada and has held academic positions at Michigan State University, the University of Southern California, and the University of Auckland. She is specialist in Gender and International Relations.
Her current research is focused on understanding the political economy of post-conflict violence against women and the patterns of systemic sexual and gender-based violence in Asia Pacific conflict-affected countries. Recent publications include Reframing Conflict-Related Sexual Violence in Security Dialogue with Sara E Davies and Scandalous Economics: The Politics of Gender and Financial Crises (New York: Oxford University Press, 2016) edited with Aida Hozić.
Her book, The Political Economy of Violence Against Women (Oxford, 2012) won the American Political Science Association’s 2012 biennial prize for the best book in human rights and the British International Studies Association International Political Economy book prize in 2013.
Catia Confortini reads from The Political Economy of Violence Against Women by Jacqui True
Latest News & Opinion
- In a success for Monash Arts research, the Gender, Peace and Security Initiative has recently secured a major ARC Linkage Grant. The three year project, “Towards Inclusive Peace: Monitoring Gender Provisions ... Read more
- A new book, Scandalous Economics: Gender and the Politics of Financial Crises, edited by Aida A. Hozic and Jacqui True, is due to be released in ... Read more
- A new article by Jacqui True and Sara Davies (QUT) was published by Security Dialogue. The article, ‘Reframing conflict-related sexual and gender-based violence: Bringing gender analysis back ... Read more
- Will Myanmar create inclusive political processes that address gender inequality in the country’s social, economic and political structures? Post by Sara Davies (QUT) and Jacqui True (Monash University) Throughout Myanmar there is ... Read more
- New article on International Feminist Journal of Politics: Winning the Battle but Losing the War on ViolenceFollowing on from the Fay Gale Lecture in 2014, and the keynote address at the International Feminist Journal of Politics Conference, Professor Jacqui True has ... Read more
- This month, Professor Jacqui True took presented at a day long symposium entitled ‘Women Confronting ISIS: Local Strategies and States’ Responsibilities’ held in New York. The ... Read more
- Monash Academics from the School of Social Sciences, Professor Jacqui True, Dr Swati Parashar and Dr Sara Niner, alongside Dr Nicole George from the University ... Read more
- What Can New Zealand Do on the United Nations Security Council to Advance the Women, Peace and Security Agenda?This post first appeared on the Women, Peace and Security Academic Collective blog. The Women, Peace and Security Academic Collective and Women in International Security New ... Read more