- True, J. ““What is Critical about Critical Theory Revisited: The Case of Four International Relations Scholars and Gender.” In Thirty Years of Critical Theory in World Politics eds. S. Brincat and J Nunes, New York: Routledge, 2011.
- True, J and L. Parisi. “Feminist Strategies in Global Governance: Gender Mainstreaming.” In Gender and International Governance, eds. E Prugl, G. Caglar, and S.Swingel. Routledge Global Institutions Series, New York, 2012 forthcoming.
- True, J. “The Political Economy of Women’s Rights: Problems of Gender, Violence, Development and Labour.” In The Role of Labour Standards in Sustainable Development: Theory in Practice eds. Tonia Novitz and Dave Mangan. London: British Academy, 2011.
- True, J. “Feminist Problems with International Norms: Gender Mainstreaming and Global Governance.” InConversations in Feminist International Relations: Past, Present and Future edited by J. Ann Tickner and Laura Sjoberg. New York: Routledge, 2011.
- True, J and B.A. Ackerly. “Feminist Methodologies.” In Oxford Handbook on Gender and Politics edited by L. Weldon, J. Kantola and G. Waylen. Forthcoming 2011.
- True, J. “Feminism and Gender in International Relations Theory.” The International Studies Encyclopedia, Volume IVedited by Robert A. Denemark, Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010: 2063-2080.
- True, J. “Gender Mainstreaming in International Institutions.” In Gender Matters in Global Politics, edited by L. J. Shepherd. New York: Routledge, 2009.
- True, J. “Trading-in Gender Equality: Gendered Meanings in EU Trade Policies.” E. Lombardo, P. Meier and M. Verloo eds. The Discursive Politics of Gender Equality: Stretching, Bending and Policy-Making. New York: Routledge (EU Series), 2009.
- True, J. “Feminism and Realism in International Relations”. In P. James, A. Freyberg-Inan, and E. Harrison eds.Realism Today: A Paradigmatic Inventory. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2009.
- True, J. “The Ethics of Feminism.” In C. Reus-Smit and D. Snidaleds. Oxford Handbook on International Relations, eds. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008.
- True, J and N. Hall. “Gender Mainstreaming in a Post-Conflict State: Toward Democratic Peace in Timor Leste.” In K. Lee Koo and B. Da Costa eds. Gender and Global Politics in Asia-Pacific. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- True, J “Gender Mainstreaming and Trade Governance in the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum (APEC).” In G. Waylen and S. Rai eds., Global Governance: Feminist Perspectives. New York: Palgrave, 2008.
- True, J and P. Debusscher. “Lobbying the EU for Gender-Equal Development.” J. Orbie and L. Tortell eds. The European Union and the Social Dimension of Globalization. New York: Routledge, 2008.
- True, J. “Gender Specialists and Global Governance Organizations.” In M. Sawer and S. Grey eds. Women’s Movements: In Abeyance or Flourishing in New Ways? New York: Routledge, 2008.
- True, J. “Globalization and Identity.” In R. Miller ed. New Zealand Government and Politics. Fourth Edition. Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 2006.
- True, J. “Globalization and the Knowledge Economy.” In R. Miller and M. Mintrom, eds. Political Leadership in New Zealand, Auckland: Auckland University Press, 2006.
- True, J and B. Ackerly, “Studying the Struggles and Wishes of the Age: Feminist Theoretical Methodology and Feminist Theoretical Methods.” In True, J., B.A. Ackerly and M. Stern eds. Feminist Methodologies for International Relations. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- True, J. “Feminist Methodologies for International Relations.” With M. Stern and J. True. In Feminist Methodologies for International Relations. B, Ackerly, M, Stern and J. True, editors. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- True, J. “Feminism.” In A. Bellamy ed. International Society and its Critics. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004.
- True, J. “Country Before Money? Economic Globalization and National Identity in New Zealand.” In E. Helleiner and A. Pickel eds. Economic Nationalism in a Globalizing World. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2004.
- True, J. “Engendering Social Transformations.” In P. Goff and K. Dunn eds. Identity in International Relations. Eds. New York: Palgrave, 2004.
- True, J. “The Re-Branding of National Identity.” In R. Miller ed. New Zealand Government and Politics. Pp. Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- Pickel, A. and True, J. “Global, Transnational and National Change Mechanisms: Bridging International and Comparative Approaches.” In F. Boenker, K. Muller and A. Pickel eds. Post-Communist Transformation and the Social Sciences: Cross-Disciplinary Approaches. Lanham, ML: Rowman and Littlefield, 2002.
- True, J. “Gendering Post-Socialist Transitions.” In M. Marchand and A. Sisson Runyan eds. Gender and Global Restructuring: Sites, Sightings and Resistances. New York and London: Routledge, 2000.
- True, J. “Antipodean Feminisms.” In A. Heitlinger ed. Emigré Feminism: Transnational Perspectives. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1999.
- V. S. Peterson and True, J. “New Times and New Conversations.” In . M. Zalewski and J. Parpart eds. The Man Question in International Relations. Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1998.
- True, J. “Fit Citizens for the British Empire?” In B. F. Williams ed. Women Out of Place: the Gender of Agency and the Race of Nationality. New York: Routledge, 1996.
True, J, K. Errington and R. Wood. Gender Impacts of Trade in the Pacific. Funded by the … Continue reading Technical reports
True, J. “Securitizing Feminism or Feminist Security Studies? Review of Gender in International Security ed. L. Sjoberg”. … Continue reading Book reviews
Refereed journal articles
True, J. “Increasing Women’s Participation in Governance”. Politics & Gender, forthcoming 2012. M-L Krook and J. True. “Rethinking … Continue reading Refereed journal articles
Global Change Peace and Security OCIS (Oceanic Conference in International Studies) Special Issue 23, 1 (February), … Continue reading Edited journal
Jacqui True. 2012 The Political Economy of Violence Against Women. New York: Oxford University Press, forthcoming … Continue reading Books