- Globalization, trade and international political economy
- Feminist and critical international relations theory
- Gender mainstreaming and global governance
- Violence against women globally
- Gender balance in economic decision-making
Jacqui has been the recipient of external research grants from the Royal Society of New Zealand Marsden Fund, the International Studies Association, and from several governments and international organisations including Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, the European Commission Jean Monnet Fund, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, the New Zealand Families Commission, and the New Zealand Human Rights Commission. In 2005, she received The University of Auckland Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Research Excellence.