Professor Michael Selgelid is Director of the Centre for Human Bioethics. He joined the Centre as a staff member in 2011, and was a visiting PhD student in 2000. Michael is also an Academic Visitor in the School of Philosophy, Research School of Social Sciences at The Australian National University, where he was Director of a World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Bioethics from 7/2009 to 7/2013.
He is a Member of the Board of Directors of the International Association of Bioethics. Read More…
- A.M. Viens and Michael J. Selgelid (eds.) Emergency Ethics. Volume I of The Library of Essays on Emergency Ethics, Law and Policy. Farnham, UK: Ashgate, 2012. For more details see: http://www.ashgate.com/default.aspx?page=637&calcTitle=1&forthcoming=1&title_id=11726&edition_id=12095 Download flier Read More... Read more
- Christian Enemark and Michael J. Selgelid (eds.) Ethics and Security Aspects of Infectious Disease Control: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. Co-edited by Farnham, UK: Ashgate, 2012. Reviews: ‘An excellent composition of scholarly analysis and reflection. It helps to clarify the concepts, arguments and further needs for research, education and policy development in a contested area of Public Health. It is ... Read more
- Michael J. Selgelid, Angela McLean, Nimalan Arinaminpathy, and Julian Savulescu (eds.) Infectious Disease Ethics: Limiting Liberty in Contexts of Contagion. Dordrecht, NE: Springer, 2011. For more details see: http://www.springer.com/social+sciences/applied+ethics/book/978-94-007-0563-0 Download flier Read More... Read more
- Seumas Miller and Michael J. Selgelid. Ethical and Philosophical Consideration of the Dual-Use Dilemma in the Biological Sciences. Dordrecht, NE: Springer, 2008. For more details see: http://www.springer.com/philosophy/ethics/book/978-1-4020-8311-2 Read review Download flier Read More... Read more
- Michael J. Selgelid. Societal Decision Making and the New Eugenics. In the Grey Series of the European Academy (Europaische Akademie) for the Study of Consequences of Scientific and Technological Advance, Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler GmbH, Germany, Nr. 30, March 2002, 62 pp.. Available (free) at http://www.ea-aw.de/fileadmin/downloads/Graue_Reihe/GR_30_Eugenics_042002.pdf Read More... Read more