I studied Russian, French and German at the University of Melbourne for a BA Honours degree, then completed an MA on the Russian 19th century novel and a PhD on Dostoevsky and Bakhtin , for which I did research at MGU ,(Moscow State University) on an ANU Exchange.
I have lectured at Erlangen University and given guest lectures at Bochum, Hamburg and FUB (Berlin) as well as SUNY (Stony Brooke) and Columbia University.
- 2015 Special Issue: M M Mamardashvili (2009)  Transcultural Studies: A Series in Interdisciplinary Research, Vol.5 (2009) , 105 pp.(2015) Special Issue: M M Mamardashvili (2009) , 105 pp. Table of Contents VOL. 5 2009 TRANSCULTURAL STUDIES: A SERIES IN INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH SPECIAL ISSUE ON MERAB MAMARDASHVILI: TRANSCULTURAL PHILOSOPHER DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF ANDREW PADGETT (1978 – 2015) Editor: SLOBODANKA VLADIV-GLOVER TABLE OF CONTENTS Preface The crossed destinies or two philosophers: Louis ... Read more
- PUBLISHED MONOGRAPHS (2016) Slobodanka M Vladiv-Glover, Russian Postmodernism: New Perspectives on Post-Soviet Culture, (Berghahn Books, New York), 528 pp. (with Mikhail Epstein and Alexander Genis). (See: Reviews/Citations). EDITED BOOKS (2014)Transcultural Dimension of Slavic Studies And Comparative Literature Editors: Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover, Milena Ilišević, Igor Perišić (Belgrade: Institute For Literature And Arts). 300 pp. EDITED JOURNAL ISSUES (2015) Special Issue: ... Read more
- Berghahn Books Inc. Title: RUSSIAN POSTMODERNISM: New Perspectives on Post‐Soviet Culture Author/Eds: Mikhail N. Epstein, Alexander A. Genis, and Slobodanka M. Vladiv‐Glover Series: Volume 3, Slavic Literature, Culture & Society Pub. Date: October 2015 Price: $34.95 Pages/Ills.: 544 pages, appendix, index ISBN: 978‐1‐78238‐864‐7 eISBN: 978‐1‐78238‐865‐4 Table of Contents RUSSIAN POSTMODERNISM New Perspectives on Late Soviet and Post-Soviet Culture Mikhail Epstein, Alexander Genis and Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover Translated by Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover Table of ... Read more
- SPECIAL ISSUE Transcultural Studies: A Journal in Interdisciplinary Research Vol. 11 No. 1 (2015) The Sense of Writing in the Age of New Technologies and Mass Media Editor: Slobodanka M. Vladiv-Glover Introductions: “The Sense of Writing in Past and Present” Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover “The Sense of Writing in the New Age in Transitional Societies: A Lament Worthy of Greek Tragedy” Vesna Kapor Part I – Poetry and the Contemporary Epoch Miroslav Maksimovic “The Meaning ... Read more
- Millicent Vladiv-Glover at the NGV on Catherine the Great and the Russian Writers of the 18th CenturyThe Russian court during Catherine the Great’s reign (1762-1796) was elegant, bristled with ideas of European Enlightenment and formed a hub for European writers, philosophers, artists, master craftsmen of all kinds and architects. Catherine elevated the Russian aristocracy into an elite class of educated courtiers. She introduced Montesque’s L’Esprit des Lois as the basis of ... Read more
- OPENING ADDRESS by Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover – SLAVIC STUDIES Veszprem 28 May 2015 Members of the Institute of Literary and Cultural Studies, members of the regional committee of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences,dear colleagues and honoured guests. It is my great pleasure to represent Slavic Studies of Monash University in Australia at this international conference in Veszprem. The gracious town of Veszprem ... Read more
- B a k h t i n 1 2 0 After Cognition: Word, Act and Culture as Event of Being. International Symposium in Honor of the 120th Anniversary of Mikhail Bakhtin’s Birth May 28-29, 2015 Univesity of Pannonia, Veszprém, Hungary http://iktiweb.mftk.uni-pannon.hu/index.php/hu/irodalom-es-kulturatudomanyi-muhely/bakhtin-after-cognition Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover, Slavic Studies Monash U – Coorganiser and Keynote Speaker Dr Milan Orlic, Slavic Studies Monash U – Presenter Edward ... Read more
- SLAVIC STUDIES – BAKHTIN 120 International Conference After Cognition: Word, Act and Culture as Event of BeingMay 28–29, 2015 Venue: University of Pannonia, Veszprém, Hungary Abstract deadline: March 1, 2015 Conference languages: English and Russian The program committee: Géza Horváth (University of Pannonia), Árpád Kovács (University of Pannonia), Slobodanka Millicent Vladiv-Glover (Monash University), Katalin Szitár (University of Pannonia) Accepted Papers: Ferenc András (University of Pannonia, Hungary) Word, Object and Narrative Edward Ascroft (Monash University, Australia) Kant with Sade through Dostoevsky Antal ... Read more
- Wednesday, March 1812:00pm(Belgrade time) – 2:00pm in UTC+01 10.00 pm EST Melbourne, SydneyTIME: Next Week, March 18th 2015 SKYPE FORUM VENUE: Belgrade, Institut za književnost i umetnost, Biblioteka Теоријски и књижевнокритички разговори ПОЕТИКА И ПОЛИТИКА ТРАНСКУЛТУРАЛНОСТИ поводом зборника ТРАНСКУЛТУРНА ДИМЕНЗИЈА СЛАВИСТИЧКИХ СТУДИЈА И КОМПАРАТИВНА КЊИЖЕВНОСТ Учествују: проф. др Слободанка Владив-Гловер, уредница зборника (via Skype from Melbourne) … See More ПРЕДГОВОР – PREFACE to Collected Volume: TRANSCULTURAL DIMENSION ... Read more
- BAKHTIN 120 International Conference Call for papers After Cognition: Word, Act and Culture as Event of BeingThe conference aims to discover, among other things, how the entire sphere of the theoretical disciplines based on isolated thinking can be extended with the help of the modalities of the event of Being, which informs Bakhtin’s cultural metatheory or translinguistics, which is in essence a new phenomenology of perception. Read more