I studied Russian, French and German at the University of Melbourne for a BA Honours degree, then completed an MA on the Russian 19th century novel and a PhD on Dostoevsky and Bakhtin , for which I did research at MGU ,(Moscow State University) on an ANU Exchange.
I have lectured at Erlangen University and given guest lectures at Bochum, Hamburg and FUB (Berlin) as well as SUNY (Stony Brooke) and Columbia University.
- The Dostoevsky Journal: An Independent Review VOL 14 (2013) – VOL 15 (2014) Special Issue DOSTOEVSKY AND THE PHILOSOPHICAL TRADITION Editors: Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover and James Phillips The Dostoevsky Journal: An Independent Review is a refereed interdisciplinary journal promoting innovative approaches to the study of Dostoevsky’s works in a historical context and with reference to the European literary and philosophical canon. Manuscripts should be ... Read more
- SLOBODANKA VLADIV-GLOVER An Unknown Australian War Novel: Miles Franklin’s Nemari ništa: Six Months with the SerbsVol. 10, No. 2 2014 TRANSCULTURAL STUDIES: A SERIES IN INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH SPECIAL ISSUE THE SERBS AND MILES FRANKLIN IN WORLD WAR I IN DOCUMENTS, FICTION AND COMMENTARY Edited by Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover Abstract Miles Franklin’s sketches from the Balkan front are discussed in the context of Franklin as an Australian writer of “the soil” whose observations of the Serbian soldiers and life in the ... Read more
- Edited by Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover Transcultural Studies: a Series in Interdisciplinary Research (Publisher: Charles Schlacks, Idyllwild, CA) Vol. 10 No. 2 (2014) THE SERBS AND MILES FRANKLIN IN WORLD WAR ONE IN DOCUMENTS, FICTION AND COMMENTARY http://www.transculturalstudies.com/InterdisciplinaryResearch Read more
- Transcultural Studies, Vol 10, No 1 (2104) Special Issue: Philosophical Culture – Cases and Conceptshttp://www.transculturalstudies.com/about/subscriptions Read more
- http://www.sbs.com.au/podcasts/Podcasts/serbian/episode/363824/Serbia-in-the-Great-War-1914-1918 Read more
- Millicent Vladiv-Glover (Monash University) speaks on F M Dostoevsky ABC RN’s Books and Arts Daily Friday 26th September 2014 10 amEuropean Classics Book Club on Crime and Punishment. Hosted by Michael Williams, Director of the Wheeler Centre. Producer: Anita Barraud http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/booksandartsdaily/european-classics-book-club/5167106 Read more
- SPECIAL ISSUE ON: “SOCIALIST REALISM AND NATIONALISM IN MUSIC, LITERATURE, FILM AND PUBLIC DISCOURSE: THE TRANSCULTURAL DIMENSION” Editors: SLOBODANKA M. VLADIV-GLOVER ANDREW PADGETT You can find the volume published here: http://www.transculturalstudies.com/issue/view/49 Read more
- SPECIAL ISSUE ON: “SOCIALIST REALISM AND NATIONALISM IN MUSIC, LITERATURE, FILM AND PUBLIC DISCOURSE: THE TRANSCULTURAL DIMENSION” Editors: SLOBODANKA M. VLADIV-GLOVER ANDREW PADGETT VOL. 9, nos. 1-2 2013 You can find the volume published here: http://www.transculturalstudies.com/issue/view/49 Read more
- SPECIAL ISSUE ON: “SOCIALIST REALISM AND NATIONALISM IN MUSIC, LITERATURE, FILM AND PUBLIC DISCOURSE: THE TRANSCULTURAL DIMENSION” Editors: SLOBODANKA M. VLADIV-GLOVER ANDREW PADGETT TABLE OF CONTENTS Introduction: Socialist Realism as Genealogy of an Era Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover 1 A Petrine Day of Display: 21 December 1709 (with illustrations) Adrian Jones 5 Belief in Zamyatin’s WE and Tarkovsky’s Stalker: Two Approaches to the Critique of Utopia. Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover ... Read more
- “The Decaying Corpse in ‘The Brothers Karamazov’ and in Popular Forensics[Silent Witness]: the Semiotics of Death”.EXISTENTIALIST SOCIETY 2014-2015 www.existentialistmelbourne.org 6th May 2014 Adjunct Associate Professor Millicent Vladiv-Glover (Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Monash University) Free Public Lectures, followed by an extended period of questions and discussion: 8pm, Unitarian Hall, 110 Grey Street, East Melbourne. Melways Map 2G D2. Read more