I studied Russian, French and German at the University of Melbourne for a BA Honours degree, then completed an MA on the Russian 19th century novel and a PhD on Dostoevsky and Bakhtin , for which I did research at MGU ,(Moscow State University) on an ANU Exchange.
I have lectured at Erlangen University and given guest lectures at Bochum, Hamburg and FUB (Berlin) as well as SUNY (Stony Brooke) and Columbia University.
- Wednesday, March 1812:00pm(Belgrade time) – 2:00pm in UTC+01 10.00 pm EST Melbourne, SydneyTIME: Next Week, March 18th 2015 SKYPE FORUM VENUE: Belgrade, Institut za književnost i umetnost, Biblioteka Теоријски и књижевнокритички разговори ПОЕТИКА И ПОЛИТИКА ТРАНСКУЛТУРАЛНОСТИ поводом зборника ТРАНСКУЛТУРНА ДИМЕНЗИЈА СЛАВИСТИЧКИХ СТУДИЈА И КОМПАРАТИВНА КЊИЖЕВНОСТ Учествују: проф. др Слободанка Владив-Гловер, уредница зборника (via Skype from Melbourne) … See More ПРЕДГОВОР – PREFACE to Collected Volume: TRANSCULTURAL DIMENSION ... Read more
- BAKHTIN 120 International Conference Call for papers After Cognition: Word, Act and Culture as Event of BeingThe conference aims to discover, among other things, how the entire sphere of the theoretical disciplines based on isolated thinking can be extended with the help of the modalities of the event of Being, which informs Bakhtin’s cultural metatheory or translinguistics, which is in essence a new phenomenology of perception. Read more
- Andrew Dean Padgett 16 August 1978 – 4 January 2015 Andrew Dean Padgett began his university studies in 1997, in Aerospace Engineering at RMIT University. Andrew completed his HSC in 1996, achieving a score of 98.5, excelling at maths. However, engineering as a discipline did not quite satisfy his inquiring mind with its philosophical bent. That is ... Read more
- The Dostoevsky Journal: An Independent Review VOL 14 (2013) – VOL 15 (2014) Special Issue DOSTOEVSKY AND THE PHILOSOPHICAL TRADITION Editors: Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover and James Phillips The Dostoevsky Journal: An Independent Review is a refereed interdisciplinary journal promoting innovative approaches to the study of Dostoevsky’s works in a historical context and with reference to the European literary and philosophical canon. Manuscripts should be ... Read more
- SLOBODANKA VLADIV-GLOVER An Unknown Australian War Novel: Miles Franklin’s Nemari ništa: Six Months with the SerbsVol. 10, No. 2 2014 TRANSCULTURAL STUDIES: A SERIES IN INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH SPECIAL ISSUE THE SERBS AND MILES FRANKLIN IN WORLD WAR I IN DOCUMENTS, FICTION AND COMMENTARY Edited by Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover Abstract Miles Franklin’s sketches from the Balkan front are discussed in the context of Franklin as an Australian writer of “the soil” whose observations of the Serbian soldiers and life in the ... Read more
- Edited by Slobodanka Vladiv-Glover Transcultural Studies: a Series in Interdisciplinary Research (Publisher: Charles Schlacks, Idyllwild, CA) Vol. 10 No. 2 (2014) THE SERBS AND MILES FRANKLIN IN WORLD WAR ONE IN DOCUMENTS, FICTION AND COMMENTARY http://www.transculturalstudies.com/InterdisciplinaryResearch Read more
- Transcultural Studies, Vol 10, No 1 (2104) Special Issue: Philosophical Culture – Cases and Conceptshttp://www.transculturalstudies.com/about/subscriptions Read more
- http://www.sbs.com.au/podcasts/Podcasts/serbian/episode/363824/Serbia-in-the-Great-War-1914-1918 Read more
- Millicent Vladiv-Glover (Monash University) speaks on F M Dostoevsky ABC RN’s Books and Arts Daily Friday 26th September 2014 10 amEuropean Classics Book Club on Crime and Punishment. Hosted by Michael Williams, Director of the Wheeler Centre. Producer: Anita Barraud http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/booksandartsdaily/european-classics-book-club/5167106 Read more
- SPECIAL ISSUE ON: “SOCIALIST REALISM AND NATIONALISM IN MUSIC, LITERATURE, FILM AND PUBLIC DISCOURSE: THE TRANSCULTURAL DIMENSION” Editors: SLOBODANKA M. VLADIV-GLOVER ANDREW PADGETT You can find the volume published here: http://www.transculturalstudies.com/issue/view/49 Read more