Narelle Miragliotta obtained her PhD (Politics) from the University of Western Australia. Dr Miragliotta has teaching and research interests in Australian political institutions, with a particular focus on political parties, parliament and elections and electoral systems.
Her most recent publications are listed below. For more click here.
- ‘Federalism and Minor Party Insurgency in Australia’, Regional and Federal Studies, forthcoming 2013 (Sharman).‘
- The Australian Greens: Carving Out Space in a Two-Party System’, Environmental Politics, forthcoming 2013.
- ‘Explaining the (Lack of) Use of Primary Based Candidate Selection Methods by Australia’s Major Parties’, Australian Journal of Politics and History, forthcoming.
- ‘Politicians, Twitter and the Limits of the Virtual Public Sphere’, Social Alternatives, 32 (2) 2012.
- ‘The Rise and Fall and Rise again of Public Broadcasting: The case of the ABC’, The Australian Journal of Public Administration’, 71 (1) 2012 (Errington).
- ‘Federalism, Party Organisation and Australia’s Green Parties’, Australian Journal of Politics and History, 52 (1) 2012.
- ‘Legislative Recruitment and Party Models: Evidence from Australia’, Journal of Legislative Studies, 18 (1) 2012 (Errington).
- ‘From Local to National: Explaining the Formation of the Australian Greens’ Party Politics, 18 (1), 2012.
- E: send email
- P: (03) 990 52402
- Room W423, 4th floor, Building 11 (Menzies), Clayton Campus