- E: Philip.Thomson@monash.edu
- P: (03) 9905 8097
- F: (03) 9905 5437
- Room W828, Menzies Building 20 Chancellors Walk, Clayton Campus
- School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics
Areas of research interest: Bertolt Brecht, the grotesque, satire, intercultural relations, modern German poetry, literary theory, contemporary German and Australian fiction.
School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics
- The Grotesque (London: Methuen. 1972). The Critical Idiom 24. 79 pp.
- Introduction to Modern German Poetry (Sydney: Wiley, 1975). xiii + 209 pp.
- Ed. (with A. Milner and C. Worth). Postmodern Conditions(Clayton: Centre for CLCS, Monash University,1988). xv + 198 pp. Second edition published in 1990 by Berg, Oxford.
- The Poetry of Brecht. Seven Studies (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1989). 210 pp.
- Ed. (with D. Roberts). The Modern German Historical Novel ( Oxford: Berg, 1991). vii + 230 pp.